header-photo

2008

For most of you suckers, 2008 was a pretty lousy year. But not for me.

Last year on this same night, Joe and I ate Toferky, salmon and baby red potatoes. We drank champagne while smooching in Heather's hot tub. I promised him I would quit smoking and we promised each other that 2008 would be the best year ever for us. And it was.

  • In January I quit smoking and made a wish upon a magnetic star.
  • In February I had the best birthday ever when Joe took me to Monterey.
  • In March, (March 8th to be exact) I unknowingly got pregnant.
  • In April I got a car and moved in with Joe.
  • In May I went on the most awesome vacation to Florida and Tennessee.
  • In June I got a really cool "door inspecting" job.
  • In July I got a big fat engagement ring from Joe.
  • In August we decided to move to Placerville.
  • In September Trevor got Student of the month at school.
  • In October I had my baby shower.
  • In November my beautiful little boy Evan was born.
  • In December we got our house and I married the love of my life.

Yes indeed, folks... 2008 was the best year of my life, thus far...certainly the most eventful. Our plans tonight do not include a tofu turkey, alcohol nor a hot tub. We'll probably eat some grilled cheese sandwiches and go to sleep by 8:00 pm. Maybe next year we'll do something.

Here's to 2009!

0 comments:

Post a Comment